Update 09.26.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 09.26.08

Post by Chuck »

My very final code base for expo was just archived. Both games are running great. I fixed some minor annoyances like the loading screen audio. It wasn't setting volume based on the emulator volume so the loading screens on RFM were really loud no matter what the emulator volume was. While testing RFM I got to attack mars on my first ball (actually third ball but I won three free balls.) That was fun. I'm actually pretty sick of playing both games right now :p The final code is going to Don tonight so he can double check everything and do final testing on his system. I need a little break =)

After expo... The only piece of functionality that isn't implemented is the option menu system. Right now we choose game options from the command line and we need to convert all that to menus so the user will never need to leave the emulator to change anything. This won't be very hard at all. Just a little time consuming. Once that's done Don and I will go through every bit of code and clean up any unused code, change a few things that could be done better and then wrap it up. We'll most likely be going to Alpha testing after the option menu is done so we can start getting feedback. Hopefully we can start alpha testing in November.

Side note, if your ramp on RFM ever sticks up even after cleaning the mechanism and re-installing a spring works great. The problem is that long coil sleeve is hard to find (I haven't found one yet.) If it gets warn and isn't as smooth as it used to be your ramp may stick.
Eddie
Veteran

Re: Update 09.26.08

Post by Eddie »

Thx for the updates and the Ramp tip.
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

Very cool. It sounds like you're wrapping up the coding, now the logistics start.

I'm excited to hear news from the expo session.

Have you already selected alpha testers? How many are lined up?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

There will be 4 or 5 alpha testers to start.
gehrig

Post by gehrig »

Wow..can't wait :)

I wanted to install a spring on mine as well. Does the spring interfere in anyway when the coil is on? Was curious about that, since the spring that I have is steel.

Anyways.. see what you started in the Developer Updates section :wink:
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

oops :p My bad.

The spring works perfectly and has no ill effect on the mechanism. BTW that was a suggestion from borygard (sp?) on RGP so the thanks should go to him =)
mickster

Post by mickster »

Chuck wrote:oops :p My bad.

The spring works perfectly and has no ill effect on the mechanism. BTW that was a suggestion from borygard (sp?) on RGP so the thanks should go to him =)

Also as far as I know, that coil sleeve is not available anywhere.

Mickey
gehrig

Post by gehrig »

According to a lady at Betson, 03-7067-5 are the same as the 03-7067-6 that we are looking for. Just different colors. I am skeptical about it..but orderd a couple anyways. Already got them in (wow, that was fast)...they are brown so maybe she was right. I haven't had a chance to install them yet though.
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Please let us know if the sleeves match.
gehrig

Post by gehrig »

Bah... they are too short. And to top it all off, my spring isn't wide enough.