Update 10.08.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 10.08.08

Post by Chuck »

Been cranking again for the last few days. No rest for the wicked I guess.

I cleaned up the last bit of rendering nastiness, the flipscreen render routine. It was a mess and now it uses the same render as the regular mode. The menu system is going great. The menu will function just like the existing diags menu so anyone who owns a pin2k system should have no learning curve. It's going faster than I expected. We might be done with it in the next week or so. Then the last thing we still have to do is clean up the code. Portions of the code are great. Portions look like my son's room after he gets all his toys out :p That shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.

On the whole patent/licensing issue I think we are near the end of the journey. I had hoped to have this all resolved by expo and announce it but it just didn't happen. I got some good news earlier this week and everything will hopefully be wrapped up soon. If it all works out like I think it might people are really gonna get a kick out of it =)

Off to dinner with the family.

Chuck
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Update 10.08.08

Post by Kenbo »

Great news, great work!

Can't wait to get a kick out of good news on the license/patent front (especially if it involves bitch slapping a certain, um, "license holder wannabe").
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Kenbo wrote:Great news, great work!

Can't wait to get a kick out of good news on the license/patent front (especially if it involves bitch slapping a certain, um, "license holder wannabe").
Larry DeMar told us that defending a patent case runs 10 million dollars any way you look at it. I was reading wayne's forum and he said he has 250k for legal fees to defend it. Of course that was before he learned that Gene also owns a patent on pinball 2000.
GLModular
Veteran

Post by GLModular »

That's highly amusing. If I had 250K sitting in the bank, I would have already finished MM... :roll:

Tony
www.greatlakesmodular.com
Re-Engineered Pinball Parts!