Veteran

Re: Update 10.18.08

Post by Eddie »

Hmmm Did someone make a mistake?
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Update 10.18.08

Post by Chuck »

Eddie wrote:Hmmm Did someone make a mistake?
It's just too damn hard to think when you can't stay awake =) I finished the second part of the image enhancement for LCD last night and um... don't know what to think about it. I've already done the Y interpolation which people have seen. It's suttle but nice (I think.) Last night I tackled the horizontal image processing. What I ended up with was an edge detection routine that smooths out jaggies on the x axis. It is very fast and works as intended. The trick is normally when you do these things you don't process every image on the screen. In the case of the game screens I would process the text this way (scores and names.) The trick is I really can't selectively choose not to do the text and do everything else. It would require so much coding to even attempt to do this and we might not be sucessful. Even if we were it would be a ton of work for little gain (just lcd users.) I'll probably offer 3 forms of image enhancement x,y,x+y and let the user choose what they like.

Anyway. As I'm typing this I have VH1 classic metal show on in the background and I have the sudden need to play guitar =) I'm hoping to have the menu stuff finished this week. I've been waiting on a chunk of code from Don since he has a great way to structure the menus. He's been hard at work on something else that would definately help the project ;-)