Update 02.23.09

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 02.23.09

Post by Chuck »

Obviously the announcement had to wait a short bit. I should have an update very soon.

On the code end of things the quality of the mp3 decoder we used was a little lacking. We completely ripped the old one out and installed a new decoder. The first thing I noticed was the fidelity went way up. The old one sounded good but by comparison the new one is a whole lot better. It takes less cpu time, but that didn't really matter anyway. It hasn't crashed even though we threw some horribly encoded songs at it. I never knew there could be such a difference in mp3 decoders and encoders but I do now.

I will update everyone as soon as I can. Stay tuned.
tanthony

Re: Update 02.23.09

Post by tanthony »

Hi Chuck,

I've kind of forgotten.... Will nucore include a "video" jukebox as well? I have a nice inventory of YouTube pinball videos (the promo videos, etc.) I've download that I'd like to be able to play on the Pinball 2000 using an included media player. If so, what media player or what file formats will be supported?

Also, any announcments forthcoming soon on needing alpha testers or would that be a ways off and unrelated to your soon to occur announcement.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Update 02.23.09

Post by Chuck »

tanthony wrote:I've kind of forgotten.... Will nucore include a "video" jukebox as well? I have a nice inventory of YouTube pinball videos (the promo videos, etc.) I've download that I'd like to be able to play on the Pinball 2000 using an included media player. If so, what media player or what file formats will be supported?
Not at release. It is a feature that we are considering implementing after launch.