Update 03.05.09

Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Update 03.05.09

Post by Chuck »

I think it's best to go to a local best buy or car stereo shop and pick what you like. Different people like different speaker setups. Just don't go too crazy on the sub if you plan on mounting it in your original cabinet. The computer power supply provides the 12volts to the car amp. any good 500 watt or > supply should be fine. I used a 4 channel amp and bridged channels 3+4 for the sub woofer. So I have 50/50 to the fronts and about 100 watts to the sub. You could choose a 2 channel and and use a powered sub. There are a ton of different ways you could configure it. If you weren't going to move it much you could even get a 50 watt 2 way amp and buy a powered sub enclosure for a home theater ;-)
nworker

Post by nworker »

Thanks for the info Chuck. I'm a computer guy not a stereo guy (well at least beyond home theater which can be a connection nightmare)

Whatever I end up getting, I can use the same setup for my current stock PB2000 right?
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

Chuck wrote: If you weren't going to move it much you could even get a 50 watt 2 way amp and buy a powered sub enclosure for a home theater ;-)

That might be how I do it just because I already have a couple sets of decent car speakers and a 2 channel amp sitting on a shelf.