Update 05.18.09

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 05.18.09

Post by Chuck »

Let's start with the latest news. IPB has not been sold. IPB's parts have been sold and IPB will still operate in a reduced manner. This has zero effect on Nucore.

The was a long term sound issue that was very hard to reproduce and I found a way to work around it. You had to leave the machine on for over 10 or so hours to even possibly see the issue. I think I finally found to root of the problem and fixed it. There is a new software release that went to testers last Friday and I'm waiting for their results to confirm. Don had a major breakthrough with the usb hardware late last week. This was yet another case of a linux hack :p A lot of the big issues we've had with Nucore were really linux issues usually related to some form of bad coding. Actually the sound issue was also related to bad linux coding :p Nothing more fun that fighting the OS you run an app in. The great thing about linux is you do have access to source code and can actually implement fixes immediately. The bad thing is if there was better testing and version control linux might not have so many problems. This whole argument is a chicken vs egg argument so I'll drop it =)

Based on the number of pre-orders we have it looks like we may only have enough hardware to cover those orders at launch. This is usb hardware limited not software. We're looking at having more hardware made the first run. The worst case would be that we cover all pre-orders and wouldn't have stock for about another month. I'll update you as I know more.

Peace.
Jazman

Re: Update 05.18.09

Post by Jazman »

You mention issues with Linux. I've got a system ready to install that is 8.04 LTS which was the what you had mentioned earlier. Is that the version you guys are still designing to? If you've changed, I'll find some free time to update my base install.

Keith
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Update 05.18.09

Post by Chuck »

Keith,

8.04 LTS is the version we are and will be using. It's actually the most stable of all the builds.