19" Complete LCD Kit for Pin2K - Nieman Displays

Products for Pinball 2000 machines that relate to, or enchance, Nucore.
rickn

19" Complete LCD Kit for Pin2K - Nieman Displays

Post by rickn »

Yes we have completed the design and have in stock a complete LCD replacement kit,
Not just brackets, the whole thing.
This includes:
- 19" LCD capable of accepting the original CGA signal of Pin 2000. So as you work towards the NU-Core system, you continue to use your existing pin. Then by all means upgrade to Nu Core, the LCD kit is ready and waiting.
- the LCD is premounted to a custumized metal mounting plate.. this looks like original equipment not M2L (Mickey mouse logic)
- BTW this LCD has much more flexibilty in adjusting things like size and positioning. Retail LCD's and most of our competition do not.
- Brightness and viewing angle is amazing ... and of course response time make this the best option.

We support what we sell, so in the event you have a problem and call us, you get a voice and instant support.

Details wil be posted on our website http://www.niemandisplays.com shortly, but please do not hesitate to contact us..

Rick@niemandisplays.com
http://www.niemandisplays.com
rickn

Re: Complete LCD Replacement Kit..

Post by rickn »

If you are intersted, please visit http://www.niemandisplays.com/nieman_vi ... ys_013.htm

The pictures do not justify the actual results... just to hard to get an image of the LCD with the fact that it gets the light refraction on the glass.

You may actually want to turn the LCD brigthness down to hide the ramp.

This is such a fantastic replacement as it is ready for the original pin 2000 and just waiting for you to update to NuCore

Be sure to contact us at www.niemandisplays.com

Rick@niemandisplays.com
519-621-1722
Eric A.
Veteran

Post by Eric A. »

Price?
GLModular
Veteran

Post by GLModular »

Hi Rick,

It appears that the kit doesn't use the original installation mounting points. Is this correct?

It also appears that the fluorescent light is much lower than where it was originally and isn't lighting the translight correctly. Any particular reason why you chose to alter the location of it?

As for taking better images, you might consider turning down the ambient lights. Pinball 2000's don't play well with overhead lights in general. You might also consider using static images and not animated ones. And finally, you might consider posting higher resolution pictures so that we all can better appreciate the quality of your work.

Best Regards,

Tony
www.greatlakesmodular.com
Re-Engineered Pinball Parts!
rickn

Post by rickn »

Price... $360 USD plus freight.

No the bracket does not screw directly into the original mounting holes. To be honest the way we could keeep the price reasonable is to utilize a mounting plate we developed for Chuck E Cheese and ordered in volume. We modified it a little and it turned out to be a great fit.

The light is mounted to another standard bracket we modified, the end result was a complete LCD solution that although it came from other applications, mounts and looks like it was specifically designed for the Pin 2000.

If you are going to the Niagara Pin show this weekend, look for it there. The owner of the pin is planning to be there and with luck I will be also.

Thanks for the suggestion on the pictures, we did have the lights out and the flash off. The original pictures still had some glare, but when we reduced the size.... to get in onto the website it suffered a little.

Being an amateur photgrapher did not help either.
Thanks again
Rick
Eric A.
Veteran

Post by Eric A. »

Slow down the scrolling of the pics! LOL! I'm getting a headache! LOL!
rickn

Post by rickn »

How's that. I need to find a good Gif animation program.

Rick
Eric A.
Veteran

Post by Eric A. »

MUCH better! Question though. Are all LCDs going to show the blueish background instead of the black/blank screen or is the brightness adjustable in order to get rid of the overly bright background?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Rick,

Is the 19" a true 19" picture or is it really 18" viewable?
Troz

Post by Troz »

Eric,

All LCDs will show the blueish background since they are not capable of blacks like a CRT is. LCDs have a backlight that is always on, which then bleeds through the screen. I did test a LED backlit LCD, and while it did show some improvement, the blacks were still not good enough. I plan to post comparison shots for all to see of the two LCDs I've used and a CRT monitor once my ArcadeVGA gets in.

-Karl
rickn

Post by rickn »

True 19" and the picture is great, no comments form anyone about the black seeming blue from anyone at the Niagara Pin show... it seems to be a hit. I was not able to make it but you can see more comments as they happen at this post http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185391

Rick