Update 08.16.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 08.16.08

Post by Chuck »

Ok, did I say a week to fix... ;-)

While fixing this issue we decided that one sub-system needed a complete overhaul. So Don is taking that on and I believe I took care of the other issues. Don and I aren't big fans of hack-fixing issues to make them work. We would rather spend extra time to do things right and so we are. You won't see any updates from us for a week. Don and I are both taking our families on vacation this week. The funny thing is we didn't coordinate our vacations but we are literally going to the same places. Well, same cities and states anyway ;-) I'm going to do something very cool pinball-wise and I'll tell you about it when I get back. Also going to get some really good cheese =)

See you in a week.

Chuck
destruk

Re: Update 08.16.08

Post by destruk »

Have a good vacation.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Thanks destruk.

Don and I are both back at it again. Since this is really just an update to the original I decided to post it here.

Ok...

1) The Dark Knight roller coaster - Six Flags Great America. Half roller-coaster, half funhouse ride. Not great at either. Don't wait to ride this one if you go. My five year old son was a champ though and rode 4 coasters with me. The Demon scared the crap out of him though ;-) That's my boy.
2) Stern Pinball Factory Tour - Really cool. A ton of Batman pins. Finally got to play it, pretty cool. They really are a great bunch of people and I hope they keep going for years to come.
3) Medieval Times - HOLY CRAP! This is the answer to the question of how can you take a cool theme and completely ruin it by making it the tackiest tourist trap ever. They tell you not to use your cell phone because it may bother people next to you. They didn't mention that someone would be around every five minutes trying to sell bright, multi-colored made-in-china led junk. Did I mention it was tacky? My wife enjoyed her $15 beer >.>
4) Wisconsin really does make the best cheese in the whole world. The stuff is really unreal compared to cheese you buy at the local grocery store.

We really had a great time.

Back to Nucore. Don and I hope to finish the new code very soon.

Chuck
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Welcome back! Glad you had fun, NOW GET BACK TO WORK on NUCORE!!!!!!!!! Just kidding.