Update 10.30.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 10.30.08

Post by Chuck »

The last item on the to do list for the alpha phase is done. *golf claps* We want to test the code for a week and then we'll put it in the alpha testers hands. Everything is going as planned *maniacal laugh*

On to a different subject. I was sorry to hear Stern laid off some of its most talented people. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope Stern survives through this horrible economy.
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Update 10.30.08

Post by Kenbo »

Yeah, things are >< this close! Congrats.

It was truly sad to hear about the layoffs at Stern. Quite depressing.
yetterben

Post by yetterben »

where did you hear about that?
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

RGP
nworker

Post by nworker »

There was more information on the Stern situation on TOPCast's interview with Keith Johnson.

One of the more interesting aspects of the 2 hour interview was his experiences with PB2000. He said that they were working on a Haunted House themed game that was put aside for the Playboy game. It sounded really cool. Would it be possible to develop such a game, given the creative resources (a big BIG if), using nucore? Perhaps it would be possible to work with the remnants of Stern to develop the machine (Hey we can dream can't we ;-)

On another topic, I saw your request for the legal thread from pinball.com. I hope you got what you needed.
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

Haunted House? Man, if that's not the perfect theme to show off P2K I don't know what is.

Imagine the apparitions that can appear, disappear, and float across the screen. Poltergeists could "virtually" appear to shake things on the playfield. Blood could virtually run down walls. Yikes, that would be cool.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

I LOVE haunted houses. I love the idea of a real haunted house pin. And Gene has the playfield that they were going to use for the haunted house theme in the playboy pin. I'm not sure if they made any playfield changes once they decided to go to playboy. It could be the same playfield they originally intended to use. And to answer the question Nucore *could* be used to build a haunted house pin. I really do hope people will want to develop new playfields/games using it. We would certainly give them all the help they would need.
nworker

Post by nworker »

Does anybody know Keith well enough to sit down and get the ideas of what they had in mind and if the playboy field was a repurposed item?