Update 11.28.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 11.28.08

Post by Chuck »

Alpha Testing

So far everything is going well. One of our testers was pleasantly surprised at the stability of the code ;-) Don and I have planned to create an automated installer and setting up the alpha systems just re-affirmed how helpful it would be. I guess the old no-news-is-good-news is the case here as well. We're going to let the Alpha testers run the software for at least a month to make sure everything is good. They will also be getting a planned update that will add the last bit of planned release functionality to the jukebox. After that release (probably this week) the software will be feature-frozen for release.

Chuck
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Update 11.28.08

Post by Kenbo »

Hooray! No News! :)

Either the alpha testers aren't actually *using* the code or you've done an excellent job.

Since you've been in touch with them the former is surely not the case, so Good Job!
destruk

Post by destruk »

Alpha Awesome Alpha. (Rearrange as necessary)
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

It was funny, I got a call yesterday from one of the Alpha testers who needed support. Not for the emulator but he wanted to know how to customize the startup sounds =) I spent about 1/2 hour with him explaining everything. He called me today and said, "I made a custom load sound thats pretty cool." It's funny how different parts of Nucore appeal to different people. I wrote a manual for all of the essentials and haven't gotten to the extras yet.
Subarubrat

Post by Subarubrat »

I am not an Alpha tester and I am already mentally playing with the features. Loony Tunes theme? Fanfare for the Common Man? Sound bytes from Tilt?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Subarubrat wrote:Fanfare for the Common Man?
Copland or ELP?

;-)
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

The ELP Live Version Rules! Now back to regular thread posts!
Subarubrat

Post by Subarubrat »

I hate to claim ignorance but I don't know. It came from a Navy recruiter CD that a friend of mine in the Navy had. It has a really bright crisp sound on the horns and the drums are something else. That same fellow has a really high end stereo in his truck and when the drums hit your vision blurs. I figure with an uprated sub and amp it would be impressive.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Subarubrat wrote:I hate to claim ignorance but I don't know. It came from a Navy recruiter CD that a friend of mine in the Navy had. It has a really bright crisp sound on the horns and the drums are something else. That same fellow has a really high end stereo in his truck and when the drums hit your vision blurs. I figure with an uprated sub and amp it would be impressive.
Emerson Lake and Palmer did a rock version. The original Copland version is classical. Copland is probably the most recognizable modern composer since his music is very americana and used in a lot of things. Then again it could be a new version all together ;-)
Subarubrat

Post by Subarubrat »

It is certainly a classical style arrangement, I would guess by the Navy band or Annapolis academy band or some other Navy deal. Also on my list are some of the songs/speeches in Gladiator, or Master and Commander, you know the idea of something epic.

This is actually very near the top of the list right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3u3fTG ... re=related