Update 12.06.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 12.06.08

Post by Chuck »

One of our alpha testers FOUND A BUG!!!!! WOOT!

The jukebox started during a game. Should be a very easy fix. The reason I'm glad is they are obviously testing the hell out of Nucore. I would have been disappointed if they didn't find any bugs. I knew there had to be a few bugs that we hadn't found and if they didn't find any it would have meant they weren't testing it thoroughly. Happiest I've ever been getting a bug report ;-)

We added functionality in the last week to the jukebox. Actually, while adding functionality we decided to re-write about 80% of the jukebox code including the core. It was pretty much hacked together originally even though it worked. Now it's capable of reading music from multiple drives (including network drives.) It has a random mode. Playlists are automatically generated and the jukebox can handle virtually a unlimited number of songs (I think 4000 was the previous limit.)

All-in-all a good week.
Subarubrat

Re: Update 12.06.08

Post by Subarubrat »

Does the juke have the capacity to play videos? A main feature I would like is being able to play Tilt movie clips and perhaps music videos.
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

Ha! I totally know what you mean. I've written apps and then been like "oh, wow, sweet" when bug reports come in and had my manager look at me like "why didn't you anticipate that if it makes you happy". It's a very zen developer place to be. :D
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Subarubrat wrote:Does the juke have the capacity to play videos? A main feature I would like is being able to play Tilt movie clips and perhaps music videos.
No video in this release. Video is possible though. There are a dozen or so great ideas of things we can add to Nucore. We aren't going to add anything to the current functionality because anything we add would further delay the release. As a matter of fact Don had a great idea last week that I think some people will go nuts about.
Subarubrat

Post by Subarubrat »

Totally understand and all the work is appreciated. Sustainable P2k is the pot roast, everything else is gravy.