Duplicate images on RFM monitor?

Support questions and answer and latest software.
I_Curse_Zoidberg

Duplicate images on RFM monitor?

Post by I_Curse_Zoidberg »

I should preface my post by saying I'm new to all this, and don't have a lot of experience diagnosing or working on these.

Anyway, the NuCore came in for my RFM, I installed it, and the NuCore itself works beautifully. The problem is, I have duplicate images on the screen, not an image wrap, with the divider between them (a large black line) right down the center of the screen. I attempted to adjust it using the Horiz OSC and the remote adjustment H-Posi but any slight adjustment to the right or left causes the screen to go very dark. Not only that, the image can only be adjusted so far, and it never gets to the center of the screen anyway. With that black line down the center, the screen (original) looks great - the image is clear and easy to see. If anyone has any advice or thoughts or knowledge it would be greatly appreciated. I've attached some images to illustrate what's happening (Sorry, they're big I know) - the first image shows the menu when the screen isn't adjusted, the middle image shows what happens after a slight adjustment to the left.

Incidentally, the original PC which the NuCore replaced didn't work, but the grid it displayed didn't have the duplicate image issue.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
2108a.jpg
2108a.jpg (107.97 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
2110a.jpg
2110a.jpg (125.69 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
2112a.jpg
2112a.jpg (133.83 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate images on RFM monitor?

Post by Chuck »

Are you using an arcade vga card to drive the monitor?
I_Curse_Zoidberg

No, I don't believe I am.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

You can't drive the original monitor using a standard vga card. You'll either need an arcade vga adapter or replace the original monitor with a LCD monitor. I prefer the LCD but you can read the forums about pros and cons.
I_Curse_Zoidberg

Thanks for your reply. Again, being new at this, I thought I'd ask for a little more info.

You mean an adapter like this?:

http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html

And if so, it looks like the physical installation won't be a problem, but what about drivers? Thoughts? Do you offer one specifically tailored for this system? I looked, but the one at the above link is the only one I found.

Thanks again.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

I_Curse_Zoidberg wrote:Thanks for your reply. Again, being new at this, I thought I'd ask for a little more info.

You mean an adapter like this?:

http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html

And if so, it looks like the physical installation won't be a problem, but what about drivers? Thoughts? Do you offer one specifically tailored for this system? I looked, but the one at the above link is the only one I found.

Thanks again.
The driver is included on the install disks. The only thing you will need to do is to physically insert the card. Did you buy a complete or base and do it yourself?
I_Curse_Zoidberg

Ok, good to know. I ordered a complete system.