NUCORE Installed, Couple Issues

Support questions and answer and latest software.
webfart

NUCORE Installed, Couple Issues

Post by webfart »

Hey guys, got Nucore installed today. Couple issues. It seems that the test report is reporting tons of bulbs out, but they are all working. They aren't LEDs either, just standard bulbs. One other issue is that it seems that its not saving my audits/high scores when I turn it off. Somehow it saved once, cause it always says there are 6 plays total when I look at the book keeping. I followed the instructions and placed the jumper on the NUCORE board before installing. Any settings or anything that may be doing this?

Thanks in advance
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: NUCORE Installed, Couple Issues

Post by Chuck »

Make sure the parallel cable is plugged in firmly on the computer and the back of the head. Also check it at the driver board. As far as not storing data make sure the jumper on the board is the correct jumper (there are two.) also check the voltage on the battery. We haven't had a bad one yet but anything is possible.
webfart

Post by webfart »

Chuck, what do you mean the back of the head? I thought the parallel cable went straight from the pc to the driver board. Also, could the light errors have to do with timing? thought I saw that mentioned in another thread, but didn't quite understand.

Thanks again.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

webfart wrote:Chuck, what do you mean the back of the head? I thought the parallel cable went straight from the pc to the driver board. Also, could the light errors have to do with timing? thought I saw that mentioned in another thread, but didn't quite understand.

Thanks again.
On some machines the parallel cable does run directly to the driver board. On others (I believe swe1) the parallel cable runs to the back of the head to a connector then to the driver board. I believe they did this to make removing the head easier.
webfart

Post by webfart »

Aw, ok. Mine goes straight to the pc. I will double check connections tonight, but don't think they are flakey. The game plays 100%, its just those light errors,e ven though the lights are actually working. I will check the battery for the settings save, but its strange that it saved once, kept my free play setting, etc, but hasn't saved since.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

webfart wrote:I will check the battery for the settings save, but its strange that it saved once, kept my free play setting, etc, but hasn't saved since.
Try changing other settings (number of balls etc) see if those changes keep.
webfart

Post by webfart »

Partly Resolved: The game now saves settings, remembers high scores, etc. I did a factory reset, and then it started working.

The lamps issue still remains, its something very strange, it reports random bulbs as dead. They are always different, and it even changes which ones it says are bad from report to report. The driver board is 100%, I put the old computer back in, and all bulbs tested fine. Any ideas???

Thanks again.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

webfart wrote:Partly Resolved: The game now saves settings, remembers high scores, etc. I did a factory reset, and then it started working.

The lamps issue still remains, its something very strange, it reports random bulbs as dead. They are always different, and it even changes which ones it says are bad from report to report. The driver board is 100%, I put the old computer back in, and all bulbs tested fine. Any ideas???

Thanks again.
When you built the computer what processor did you use?
webfart

Post by webfart »

Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

That's a good processor. Seems to me we ran into this exact issue before and I can't remember what caused it. It wasn't Nucore. I'll try to dig through the threads here because there is a record of it.
webfart

Post by webfart »

Thanks again for ask the help chuck.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

webfart wrote:Thanks again for ask the help chuck.
No problem.

The issue I found was related to LEDs being installed so it's not applicable. Another thing I would suggest looking at is the parallel port settings in BIOS. Set parallel port mode to ECP + EPP. It shouldn't make a difference but it's worth a try. Also, please link the motherboard you purchased so I can look at it.
webfart

Post by webfart »

Chuck, will take a look at the motherboard model tonight.
webfart

Post by webfart »

Well back to banging my head on the wall. The machine stopped retaining new audit info. Its the same as last time, its like it got stuck in time. I got a high score last night, its still there, but I just got another one, turned the machine off, when it came back up, last night's high score is still there, but not todays.

The motherboard model is: MSI GF615M-P33

Thanks
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

since I saw in your other post that you are trying to get tournament mode working turn all of that off for now. The original machine had some weird issues in tournament mode on occasion so keep the system simple until the problems are resolved. I would do a factory reset again and try to save settings.