System restarting when "shutdown" Jukebox

Support questions and answer and latest software.
taitronics

System restarting when "shutdown" Jukebox

Post by taitronics »

When I use the jukebox and press the start button, the system is restarting, which may be occurring? Thanks.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: System restarting when "shutdown" Jukebox

Post by Chuck »

taitronics wrote:When I use the jukebox and press the start button, the system is restarting, which may be occurring? Thanks.
There are a few reasons this could occur although we haven't had any reports of jukebox issues.

1) A poorly encoded mp3 file. Try deleting all of the mp3 files and just try a couple. Bad mp3's shouldnt cause a restart but it's possible.
2) I believe you had an odd sound chip on your motherboard that Nucore wouldn't use. We use a different mp3 decoder and it's likely that the audio chip isn't well supported by linux. A vast majority of motherboard use a realtek audio chip and we've had no problems with those.
taitronics

Post by taitronics »

Chuck wrote:
taitronics wrote:When I use the jukebox and press the start button, the system is restarting, which may be occurring? Thanks.
There are a few reasons this could occur although we haven't had any reports of jukebox issues.

1) A poorly encoded mp3 file. Try deleting all of the mp3 files and just try a couple. Bad mp3's shouldnt cause a restart but it's possible.
2) I believe you had an odd sound chip on your motherboard that Nucore wouldn't use. We use a different mp3 decoder and it's likely that the audio chip isn't well supported by linux. A vast majority of motherboard use a realtek audio chip and we've had no problems with those.

I think you got it wrong. When music is playing and trying to get a game, the system reboots.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

taitronics wrote:
Chuck wrote:

I think you got it wrong. When music is playing and trying to get a game, the system reboots.
Ok, let me try to replicate the error.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

I was unable to replicate this error. Don said he ran into this error when he did an Ubuntu update after installing Nucore. If you ran an Ubuntu update after installing Nucore you will have to reload Nucore from scratch. Running the update writes over a number of specific libraries that Nucore needs to run.