Latest Nucore Program File V2.11 - Updated 06.07.12

Support questions and answer and latest software.
Chuck
Site Admin

Latest Nucore Program File V2.11 - Updated 06.07.12

Post by Chuck »

Nucore Release Notes
Copyright 2011 Big Guys Pinball LLC.

Release 2.11 - 06.07.12
----------------------------------------
1) Added dynamic lookup of tournament server address (you can use a URL instead of an IP.)
2) Fixed date issue which also fixed a tournament high score issue.
3) Added separate LED ignore list for each game.
4) Misc stability fixes.

Release 2.0 - 12.12.10
1) **TOURNAMENT MODE** Nucore will now allow users to connect to any Pinball 2000 tournament server without requiring special hardware. Nucore will use ubuntu linux supported ethernet adapters. You will not be required to use a router or card reader.
2) Jukebox mode screen blanking - there will be an option to have the jukebox screen blank after 15 seconds. This option will be controlled through the jukebox settings in the Nucore config menu.
3) Jukebox song delete - you will be able to delete songs or erase all songs from the Nucore config menu. (Update 07.11.10) There are two methods to delete songs, a pick list and delete the entire library. The pick list is very easy to use and allows you to scroll through as many songs as you want and tag them for deleting.
4) Misc performance improvements.
5) Bulb error override - if you want to use LEDs we have an option to report the bulbs as being good so you won't get a credit dot.
6) Jukebox back - While on random play the left flipper button will step backwards through all of the songs previously played. Requested from a user.
7) Ability to enter name for tournament mode.

Release 1.3 - 02.04.10
1) Fixed a jukebox bug where the jukebox could start in the diagnostics screen if certain conditions were met.
2) Drastically reduced the amount of writes to the hard drive. This was done to better support solid state hard drives and increase performance and reliability.

Release 1.2 - 11.12.09
1) Fixed a rare bug that would cause the emulator to hang when trying to reboot due to certain errors.
2) Added the original white loading screen with blue text back to code (loading status shown just before game start in original code.)
3) Added support for up to 4 processor cores. Don't run out and buy a quad core processor. There is no noticeable difference in performance. With current dual core processors Nucore is running as fast as it needs to.

Release 1.01 - 08.20.09
1) Fixed rare bug that would cause the jukebox to lock the emulator
2) Added option to hide the watermark in the Nucore config menu (system)

Please report and bugs or issues:

viewforum.php?f=18
knapejor

Re: Latest Nucore Program File V2.0 - Updated 12.12.10

Post by knapejor »

Great! Going to try this update today!

Might be good to place the update on the main site too, as 1.3 is the latest available there :)
Cobra99

Post by Cobra99 »

First one to put a high score(not a great score but a score non the less)

Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Good Job!
knapejor

Post by knapejor »

Wow that's nice, I'm going to try this soon too!
Walt

Post by Walt »

I give up... how do I access the 'bulb error override' to let Nucore know where I have LEDs installed so it won't show them as bad bulbs anymore?

Thanks.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Walt wrote:I give up... how do I access the 'bulb error override' to let Nucore know where I have LEDs installed so it won't show them as bad bulbs anymore?

Thanks.
Walt,

There's a file in the 2.0 deploy called led.cfg (or something close.) This file explains how to set which bulbs are LEDs or not. You can cheat and fill the whole thing in but it won't tell you when real bulbs are out. Once you modify the file move it to the root directory of a usb stick and run the update procedure in the nucore menu. That will copy the file to the proper place and block bad bulb messages.
Walt

Post by Walt »

Worked great... thanks.