Low Frame Rate

Support questions and answer and latest software.
Pugsley

Low Frame Rate

Post by Pugsley »

Just built my Nucore system and got it installed with a few sound issues (no driver). Any way got that working.

My FPS in attract mode is 1.03. any thing to do with pin 2000 is at 1 fps, but as soon as I hit +- to get into the nucore menu its nice and snappy like it should be. I am not that much of a linux person but my friend is and he was able to remote in to it and saw that CPU 1 was at 100 and cpu 2 was at 1-10. The game plays fine, sound is fine, but the screen is only running at 1 fps.

System specs are:

AMD A4-3300 Llano 2.5GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core
ASUS F1A55-M LX PLUS FM1 AMD A55 (Hudson D2)
4 Gigs of ram
and a SSD.

Please let me know if everything sounds right and what I might try to get it to run better.

Thanks.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Low Frame Rate

Post by Chuck »

That processor should be fast enough to run Nucore. I would suggest looking at BIOS settings for auto-throttling. Some of these new processor run really slow unless they sense a load. Other than that check drivers. Possibly try another install.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Ok. I will take a look at it again this weekend. I have done about 4 installs.

I checked the bios for anything relating to throttling and believe I have it all turned off. Again, I could have missed something. Will see what I find if anything.

Thanks.

Would 64 bit have anything to do with it. I don't see any mention of that CPU being 64 bit? Just a thought I had.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

That shouldn't be an issue. Although I've never heard of anyone using that processor. We use 32 bit Ubuntu.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Ok. Didn't think 64 bit had anything to do with it.

I too am leaning towards it having something to do with it being a APU and not a CPU. I figured I would give it a shot and see what happens. Even if it turns out that this setup can't work I can use this computer somewhere else and get a proven CPU/MOBO combo.

Thanks again for the help.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I just replaced the PC. It has a AMD tricore and it works fine. I think the APU is not a true dual core. Now it runs around 160% load. So all is good.

As a warning to other don't try to use a AMD APU for a Nucore computer.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Good to know. I read up on that processor and they do try to sell it as a reasonable cpu. Seems like an Atom class processor.