Nucore 2.25 Release!

Official announcements from the team.
boiydiego123

Re: Nucore 2.25 Release!

Post by boiydiego123 »

hi how can i updated pinbox to this new version , pinbox is not connected to rfm machine , so how to do this in linux command prompt ?

kind regards
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Pinbox is Nucore. So use the USB update procedure following the directions in the package. Unless the hackers screwed up the usb update, which is possible.
boiydiego123

Post by boiydiego123 »

maybe the option is there but pc is not connected to rfm so i have no buttons to go in update menu , thats why i ask how to do the update via command prompt in ubuntu ..
Agusta45

Post by Agusta45 »

Chuck, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for releasing this latest version. You guys don't get enough love for the work that you have put into Nucore. Too often, you only hear from us when there is a problem. Sure, we are all busy, but you deserve a round of applause from all the happy folks who are benefitting from your hard work and passion for the game.
You have kept Pin2K alive and now, better than ever. My RFM runs like a dream on your system. And the Jukebox gets a lot of use, too.
Thank you. Christopher.
Last edited by Agusta45 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizboy

Post by Wizboy »

Agusta45 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:01 am Chuck, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for releasing this latest version. You don't guys get enough love for the work that you have put into Nucore. Too often, you only hear from us when there is a problem. Sure, we are all busy, but you deserve a round of applause from all the happy folks who are benefitting from your hard work and passion for the game.
You have kept Pin2K alive and now, better than ever. My RFM runs like a dream on your system. And the Jukebox gets a lot of use, too.
Thank you. Christopher.
Did you succesfully update to the latest version 2.25?
Agusta45

Post by Agusta45 »

Yes. I just followed the instructions and the new version 2.25 runs perfectly. Jukebox and Breakout both run correctly, as well.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Agusta45 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:01 am Chuck, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for releasing this latest version. You don't guys get enough love for the work that you have put into Nucore. Too often, you only hear from us when there is a problem. Sure, we are all busy, but you deserve a round of applause from all the happy folks who are benefitting from your hard work and passion for the game.
Thank you. Christopher.
Don and I really appreciate the kind words.
jumperger

Post by jumperger »

Hi Chuck and Don,
many many thanks to both of you! With your hard work I have hope to keep my original SWE1 alive in the case of a motherboard, CPU or PRISM-Card failure.
As you could read in my first post, I want to build a PC to be safe in the worst case of original failure.

You mentioned that I could read the contents of the original ROMs with a special reader.

OK.

Once this done, I suppose the folder containing the ROMs needs a fixed structure so it may be red by the nucore program.
e.g. :
folder: roms
contained files: swe1rom1
swe1rom2, swe1rom3, .....

Could you please tell me the names of the files used in the roms folder?
When starting nucore it starts up to the playfield selection secreen and stops. When I exit to the terminal, I read these lines:
Auto detecting playfield.
NUCORE SHUTDOWN
Filename not found for: pb2k_nvram_image

May be I have the wrong names for the rom-files

Thanks for your help
kind regards
jumperger
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Haven't run into this one. Checking it out.
dkeruza

Post by dkeruza »

Hi,
Is there any way to change the resolution?

Thanks
Wizboy

Soft15kHz hack

Post by Wizboy »

Hi

I would like to use the old original CRT instead of a new LCD monitor. Most of the ATI graphic cards (and some others) are able to emulate 15kHz which is needed for the CRT.

I tried this:
xrandr --newmode "640x480-15khz" 13.218975 640 672 736 840 480 484 490 525 -HSync -VSync interlace
xrandr -o inverted -x
xrandr --addmode VGA-0 "640x480-15khz"
xrandr --addmode DVI-0 "640x480-15khz"
xrandr --output VGA-0 primary
xrandr --output VGA-0 --mode "640x480-15khz"
xrandr -o inverted -x

...succesfull in Ubuntu but not while nucore starts/ is running. It changes everytime the resolution + frequency back.

I know that ther is a ArcadeVGA graphic card out ther but a lot more expensive than any other "normal" ATI card which do the same...
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

We tried changing mode variables and it wasn't reliable. Current;y there is no way to change the resolution.
Wizboy

Post by Wizboy »

Do we have to accept the EULA on every bootup? Would it be possible for the next update to save this acceptance after first time of accepting it?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

It is saved on bootup. Have you modified anything?
alexmogil

Post by alexmogil »

Hi everyone - thanks for doing this and making it available.

I'm using the install from the dropbox link earlier in this thread with a new install of 32 bit Ubuntu 8.04 LTSR. I got all repositories set up roeectly and the log file says the install was successful. Upon hooking the game to the parallel port and turnin on the PC, I get to the point where I can choose the game, choose SW:E1 and then I get this:

Basically "Failed to open PB2KSLIB"

I did some internet searches but was unable to find any resources for this particular error - any help?