SW EP1 will not enter service mode

Support questions and answer and latest software.
dragster73

SW EP1 will not enter service mode

Post by dragster73 »

I have a SW EP1 running version 2.0 The game plays but there is a switch issue on the playfield. When I push the service button on the coin door the screen goes to the Nucore screen and a loading bar is moving on the screen. At a point the bar freezes and shortly after the game reboots to the game over mode. I had read of other people with this problem at the link I will provide below. The link indicates there was a corrupted file but doesn't indicate how to resolve this problem. PLease advise.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... iagnostics
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: SW EP1 will not enter service mode

Post by Chuck »

The slam tilt switch may be triggering. If not it could be a switch matrix issue on the driver board. Make sure the slam tilt is not too sensitive.
dragster73

Post by dragster73 »

It's definitely not the SLAM switch however there are switch issue with the game and that's why I'm trying to get into the service menu to see where the problem is.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Then it is most likely a switch matrix issue on the driver board. If you're not able to diagnose and repair the issue I would suggest finding someone who can fix it for you.
dragster73

Post by dragster73 »

I am a repair person, Self employed for 20 years running my own repair shop with a very good reputation. I've been in the business 30 years. I've never had a system where you can't get into the service menu to diagnose where all of the switch problems are. I will figure out the problem without the use of the service menu. Thank you for your help.
dragster73

Post by dragster73 »

I repaired the original computer (Bad Ram) I then set a makeshift CGA monitor next to the game so I could use the original computer to fix the switch problem. The problem was one broken wire in the first switch in a ROW that was causing several switches not to work. Everything in the game is functioning properly with the original computer.

I have now installed the NUCORE computer back in the machine and the problem with the NUCORE system remains. The game boots and plays normally however I am still not able to get the NUCORE system to boot into service mode. As I said previously, The system starts to boot into the service mode and after a moment the computer locks up and the reverts back to game mode. This is not a switch matrix problem, It is a NUCORE problem.